Within Consensus Administrators will have the ability to bulk upload a list of users into the Platform. This will save you time from having to add each rep individually.
Some things you'll want to make sure you do before you upload your users:
- Build your team hierarchy (see our How to create your Group hierarchy in Consensus article for help here)
- Make sure you have demos/content in the system and they're properly assigned to the team hierarchy you've built
To get started go to the Cog icon in the upper right-hand corner and click on "Manage Users & Access".
Next, you'll go to the Users tab and click "Add User" then select the Bulk Upload option:
We recommend downloading the template found within the Bulk Upload page. This template will help reduce any issues you may experience when compiling the list. It's important to note that the template needs to be identical to what we have listed in the example, otherwise the Bulk Upload won't work.
Here's an example of what the list should look like before saving it as a CSV file:
In the example above you'll notice that users can be added with one or multiple roles, depending on what they need. You'll use a comma to differentiate between the multiple roles.
Some other items to take into consideration:
- The first row needs to be outlined as you see in the example above
- Do not add any additional fields to this list
- In the Groups section, you'll add the final Department/Team/Group that the user is going to end up in - you will not need to add the full team hierarchy to make this work
- Make sure to double-check the spelling of your groups and roles - if they are misspelled then it will send you an error message
Once you've created the list you'll save it as a CSV file. Now all you need to do is click "Choose File" > select the CSV file > then click "Upload":
All users on the list will automatically receive an email from Consensus asking them to verify their account. They will have 30 hours to complete the verification process. If they go longer than 30 hours their 'token' will be expired at which time they'll need to manually reset their password using the "Forgot Password" option on the Login page.